Blended Online / In-Person KTA Basic Coatings Inspection Course
This blended training is composed of intensive online lectures and interactivities that can be taken at the learner’s convenience and in-person instrument use workshops and examinations. The course is designed for inspectors, contractors, engineers, facility owners, and all those who need knowledge of, or are responsible for quality control or quality assurance during industrial surface preparation and coating application operations. The course is recommended for those planning to participate in NACE and/or SSPC coating inspector training/certification courses.
Online Course Content
- Corrosion theory and control
- The role of a coating inspector
- Surface preparation equipment, standards, and inspection
- Coating application equipment, standards, and inspection
- Coating components, curing mechanisms, estimating coating quantities
- Interactive knowledge checks
In-Person Hands-on Workshops
- Coating inspection instrument use (8-hours)
- Written (objective) and practical (instrument use) examinations (4-hours)
2021 Workshop/Examination Session Schedule
- October 9-22, 2021 – Sold Out
- November 2-5, 2021
All workshop/examination sessions held at 113 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275
All participants must complete a questionnaire, wear a face covering, and have their temperature taken (non-contact) prior to entering the training facility.
- General Registration $949.00
- Training Department Contact: Charita Bush (412) 412-746-4249
Payment via PayPal you will receive a confirmation email once we receive your online payment. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours, please contact the Training Coordinator, Charita Bush, at 412-746-4249.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
To reschedule a confirmed training course registration please submit an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. No-shows and cancellations will incur the full cost of registration. KTA-Tator, Inc. reserves the right to cancel any workshop/examination session due to insufficient enrollment at least 14 calendar days in advance of the scheduled date. Notice will be provided with the option to register for a future workshop/examination session. KTA-Tator, Inc. is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the customer if a workshop/examination session is canceled. If a workshop/examination session is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather or natural disaster, the customer may register for a future workshop/examination session offering.”