Who should attend?
This course offers intensive, interactive training for inspectors, contractors, engineers, facility owners, and all those responsible for quality control or quality assurance during industrial surface preparation and coating application operations. The course is recommended for those planning to participate in AMPP inspector certification courses.
- Corrosion theory and control
- Quality assurance and quality control personnel – roles and responsibilities
- Surface preparation techniques, equipment, standards, and inspection
- Coating application techniques, equipment, standards, and inspection
- Coating types and characteristics, coating systems, estimating coating quantities
- Written (objective) and practical (instrument use) examinations
- Coating inspection instrument use
- Inspection plan development and simulated coatings inspection
- Airless and conventional spray application
Fall 2023 Course Dates
December 12-15, 2023
Winter/Spring 2024 Course Dates
- January 30-February 2, 2024
- February 20-23, 2024
- March 25-28, 2024
- April 2-4, 2024 @ Philadelphia Navy Yard (Ben Franklin Technology Partners Facility)
- April 8-11, 2024
All training classes are held in Pittsburgh, PA unless noted otherwise.
- General Registration $997.00
- Groups Of 3 or More $949.00 (Please call our training department to book your registration)
Training Department Contact: Charita Bush 412-746-4249
COVID-19 UPDATE 3/1/2022: KTA’s corporate offices and training facilities are located in a county (including surrounding areas) with a LOW transmission rate of COVID-19. As a result, KTA’s Infectious Disease Preparedness & Response (IDPR) Plan indicates that face coverings are no longer required to be worn when in these offices/training facilities effective 3/1/2022. Visitors and training course registrants will not need to be masked and are not required to show evidence of vaccination upon arrival. Please feel free to wear a face covering if you choose to.
Payment via PayPal you will receive a confirmation email once we receive your online payment. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours, please contact Charita Bush at 412-746-4249
Cancellation & Refund Policy
To cancel or reschedule a confirmed training course registration please submit an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit all cancellation requests no later than 14 days prior to the scheduled course date to receive a full refund of paid registration fees. Registrations are transferrable with written notification to our Training Department a minimum of 14 days prior to the course date. No-shows and cancellations not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of registration. KTA-Tator, Inc. reserves the right to cancel any training course due to insufficient enrollment at least 14 calendar days in advance of the scheduled course date. Notice will be provided with the option to register for a future training course offering or to receive a full refund of prepaid registration fees. KTA-Tator, Inc. is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the customer if a training course is canceled. If a training course is canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather or natural disaster, the customer may register for a future training course offering.”